joi, 21 noiembrie 2019

Ioan Miclău - THE CITY ON THE COAST - SUNRISE AT CRINGILA




THE  CITY  ON  THE  COAST


~*~

It is a certain city
Which bewitched and is liked,
It bears an old name
Of symbol and of peace.

On the water,s surface reflected is
Its  haughty image for centuries;
And the sea respecting it,
With its whitened waves.

The tourists trying
To penetrate the City,
Will enter walking under the arc
Which stoned is as on a wave.

A genius the architect,
Stolen by the yearning of the sea,
He designed the Crown Street,
A shape of boat.

Beautiful and welcoming,
The City of Wollongong is,
With its modern decor
Which is offered at every step.

~*~
Ioan Miclău
16 March 1997



*



SUNRISE  AT  CRINGILA


~*~

”...Take eazy my friend, the neighbour tells me,
It just is the starting sunrise over head,
You will see the flowers, the trees,
The painted houses and you will be glad!

Early in the morning on Lake Avenue,
I walked to my good steel making job,
And as I opened my eyes: What happened?
Should be a miracle?...and make a short stop;

Cast în concrete is written:
-WELCOME TO CRINGILA VILLAGE-
A CARING CULTURAL COMMUNITY-Oh, it is good,
A verse on tongue I feel coming from God!

”...Take eazy my friend, I tell in afternoon to my neighbour,
I am really happy, but children must know to protect it,
Guards to be people to clean out town,
To not happen again to see Avenue painted with pits!

”...Take eazy my friend, said the neighbour in return,
Sometime it happens that children must teach the mature;
Anyway, sunrise at CRINGILA, is truly moment,
With good neighbourhood BHP and local Government!


~*~
Ioan Miclău
Iunie, 1998
Cringila, N.S.W




*



CRINGILA VILLAGE


”...CRINGILA is a suburb of Wollongong. I have been living in Cringila since my arrival to Australia. It was on 4 January 1980. Therefore, I know the place, its people and their preocupation very well. I can tell nice stories about everything that belong to my Cringila Village.

       In the past, the streets were not so clean like today. There was not so many green trees as today. The B.H.P-Company, our neighbour toghether with local Cringila Community Co-operative Limited and local Covernment, helped to make a plan to urbanise our willage. Now, at the very entrance în Cringila, the tourists can se a beautiful stone-gate, and read on it: ”VELCOME TO CRINGILA VILLAGE – A CARING-CULTURAL COMMUNITY”.

      It just inspired me to write a verse of poetry. Then, on the left side of the the Avenue Road, you can se a wonderful restaurant, where on a sunny and hot day, You can drink a beer, or have an icecream, or just a soft-drink.  I ensure you that Cringila Vilage is a really romantic place. It is at the same time, a multicultural village.

There you can meet many nationalities. For example, on my street Mc Govern, the residents are from: Poland, Lebanon, Turkey, Macedonia, România, Serbia, Croația, Italy, Malta, and all on a very short street.

       But, our street is a very happy one. The people help each other, and never start any bad arguments, only when the children break some window playing football. The ocean is very close, but this year was not to hot, however. I can remember, some years ago how people  spent less their free time on beaches, altuough there were never to see beaches without people.

        The majority of people from Cringila are employed at B.H.P-Steel Work- Port Kembla, I worked  at Steel Work-Port Kembla too, in the last time an operator at B.O.S.-Department. B.O.S, means Basic Oxygen Stelmaking. I retired from my job for health reason, but still I love the times and work which I have done. But, still I can change my life coming to TAFE - Wollongong.

       Cringila is a nice place for retired people, for its wonderful ”Community Park”. There are lots of different trees, the birds are singing their songs, a water pit has many flowers on it,s sides, and many benches around are settled under the shade of trees.

       But, what the tourist will observe sometimes coming to Cringila, should be and some dark clouds of smoke, which sometimes arise from Port Kembla furnaces. It is not out o attention of Wollongong-city Council, and there is hope to reduce the pollution in the future.


Ioan Miclău
24/02/1997
CRINGILA, N.S.W











Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu