joi, 22 martie 2018

Tania F Miclău - FLORICA





FLORICA

The rhytmical tunes from my native land,
Take me back to the place I always reminisce
With every step my heart follows
Yearning to feel the joy within!

The music fades
Yet in a trance I still remain
I dance forth with no guide
Only the memories to show me the light!

The soil beneath my bare feet
Often heard my laughter
As the music played every night
And filled the air with delight!

The fields were în season and ready for harvesting
My parents would work from dawn to dusk,
And my litle hands helped where they could
In a vilage that time has forgotten!

Oh, how I once loved this land,
So full of life and blissfulness,
I now walk upon the dry land where my mother is buried
On the soil that has taken her away from me
And can feel her with every step I take!

Her long dress and apron I remember
With the fragrance of the farm on her clothes,
I would sit on her lap and feel her heart beat
Which I now long for!

Her love for the land was so great,
That it compared only to her love for my sister and I
This land now grows stale,
My feet are course from the harsheness of the field and dirt
And here we worked
Growing up on a farm now bare of the love it once blossomed

Tania F Miclău
( These verses are dedicated to my mum Florică, created from
her life story which she told to me many times!)



Ion Miclau








Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu